THINK Book Works, based in the Chicago suburb of Grayslake, is the design and production studio of Steve Straus. THINK has been creating books since 1996, and in 2009 officially became THINK Book Works with the sole purpose of supporting the publishing industry.
I have been designing and producing books for over 30 years for publishers large and small. These projects have target audiences of all ages for use in the classroom, home, and in the workplace. While each project is different, I am able to use my wide-range of experience to make every project the best it can be. To address the individual needs of my clients and their target audiences, there is an attention to detail that is reflected in the excellence of the final products. Providing cover-to-cover consistency and pro-active management with a strict adherence to budgets and schedules is essential to a successful project. Even in this time of computer automation, I still build books one page at a time, treating each page as its own piece of art.
THINK Book Works specializes in all phases of design and production including:
- Cover, interior, and series design
- Cover and interior production (including InCopy and Scribe ScML workflows)
- Template creation (my designs or client-supplied designs)
- Creation of ePubs and interactive PDFs
- Self publishing (from manuscript to distribution)
- Project consultation and management
- Photo/illustration procurement and retouching
- Editorial services